The Greater Cleveland Food Bank's next drive thru distribution will be Tuesday, Aug. 11, from 2–4 p.m., rain or shine, at Lakeland Community College. We continue to implement safety measures for our staff, volunteers and clients to ensure that this event runs smoothly and achieves its purpose – safely get food to families, seniors and individuals who need it. The Greater Cleveland Food Bank estimates that there are more than 5,000 people in the Mentor, Ohio, area who are eligible for services but are not receiving them— the highest gap among Lake County communities. According to Feeding America, a national organization dedicated to hunger relief, more than 36,000 people out of Lake County's 230,000+ population are food insecure.
The same guidelines are in place for anyone planning to attend:
• We encourage everyone to pre-register (link is BELOW). You will receive a number and you will need to bring that number with you to display in your car window as part of the check-in process. This will help minimize personal contact and estimate the number of people expected to attend. Everyone is strongly encouraged to pre-register. If you need additional help, please call the Food Bank Help Center at 216.738.2067.
• No walk up clients
• This will be a drive-thru process only and you will not need to leave your vehicle for any reason. You MUST be in a vehicle to receive food.
• Due to safety concerns, we are REQUIRING that your trunk is empty. Food will only be placed in your trunk.
• Traffic coming from I-90 eastbound and westbound follow Rt. 306 and use Exit #193 to head south and turn left at the main college entrance.
• Traffic from the south on Rt. 306 will make a right at the main college entrance.
WHEN: Tuesday, Aug. 11, from 2-4 p.m.
WHERE: Lakeland Community College
7700 Clocktower Drive, Kirtland OH, 44094
Anyone in need of food assistance is encouraged to call our Help Center at 216.738.2067 or go to www.GreaterClevelandFoodBank.org, access the map to find the nearest distribution to where they live. Nearly 800 of our partner programs are still open and ready to serve those in need in their neighborhood.